After a very nice summer in France where access to internet was very difficult, here I am, back in New York, about to give birth to a cute franco-american little girl.
One thing I have discovered lately about the medicine here in Manhattan, is that when you are pregnant over 38 years old, you can spend half of your time in waiting rooms of the various doctors in charge of your care. When a Manhattan doctor takes you in as a patient, they do it with the utmost seriousness and you suddenly you are overwhelmed by sonograms, fetal monitoring, blood tests...I have found that you need to be patient, make be sure that you eat before, bring some water and books with you and definitely no appointment behind!
Here is some contact information of French speaking doctors in Manhattan:
- Buterman Irving. 950 Park Avenue. 212.472.8200
- Colcher, Paul. 225 East 64th street. 212.308.4988
- Wind, Richard. 62 Crosby Street. 212.431.1600
- Cohen, Michel. 22 Harrison Street. 212.226.7666
- Goldstein, Judith. 186 East 76th Street. 212.585.3329
- Lancry, Karen. 715 Park Avenue. 212.737.1800
- Landau, Erika. 11 East 86 Street. 212.535.3131
- Moureaux, Paule. West Side Pediatrics. 11 East 86th street. 212.535.3131
- Pleno, Moise. 401 West 118th Street. 212.666.4610
- Yapalater, Greg. 715 Park Avenue. 212.737.1800
This is far from being a complete list. Don't hesitate to send me new contacts or comments on those doctors.